Friday 9 October 2009

Irony

I'm on the train to Preston, but thought I'd share a little tale.

This week was to be healthy week. I've got my bike in London and was to cycle to work. In addition I would take sandwiches.

As it transpired I only actually made sandwiches on two occasions this week.

On the first occasion I carefully prepared my sandwiches in the evening, and placed them in the fridge. In the morning I completely forgot them. When I found out I was absolutely furious. I ate them for tea to punish myself for being so rubbish.

So of course when I prepared sandwiches last night I was determined to make sure I took them to work. I wrote a note. I also set a reminder on my phone. SANDWICHES! It screamed at me as I awoke this morning.

Thus, I did not forget to take the sandwiches to work. What I did do, however, is completely forget I had them in my bag once lunchtime came round. I duly trotted off to the canteen and frittered away £3 on potato waffles (it's a good pun if you accept the term 'fritter' for crispy potato foodstuff).

So once again I was cross with myself, and once again I find myself eating cheese and pickle sandwiches for tea.

Although, as it happens, they have been welcomely, and summarily scoffed because, as mentioned, I am on the train.

So what's the moral of the story?

Don't whinge about sandwiches, perhaps.

3 comments:

Wilson said...

Enlightening

Anonymous said...

So what's the moral of the story?

Get a more interesting life perhaps?

Baker Street Irregular said...

Easier said than done, Anonymous.